Young Author Competition
It is that time of year again! The Young Authors contest for the 2017-18 school year is beginning!
The deadline for entries is February 1, 2018.
The contest is open to all students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. Fiction, nonfiction and poetry entries will be accepted.
- Fiction/Nonfiction books may not exceed 4,000 words. If it is over 3,000 words a word count must accompany the entry.
- A book of poetry may either be an epic poem or a collection of five (exactly) poems, and must include a table of contents.
- A book of poems should not include the word poem in the title.
- An author’s name should not appear on the book.
- All books should be in book form and no larger than 9” x 12”.
- All books should have a front cover with a title, and a back cover, which is not part of the text.
- A Young Author entry form must be included with the entry. If you do not want to attach it to the work, you can use a library pocket card.
At the district level, there will be certificates and prizes for first, second, and third place winners per grade level, per category. The district celebration will be held at Rock Springs Junior High School’s Auditorium on February 21st at 6:00 p.m. At the county level, certificates will be awarded to one First Place and two Honorable Mentions per grade level, per category. The county celebration will be held at Lincoln Middle School’s Auditorium in Green River on March 14th at 6:30 p.m.
If you would like more information or you have questions contact Tammy Macy at 352-3400 ext. 1259, at home 389-2415 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.