About the Young Author Competition
The Sweetwater County School District #1 Young Author competition is almost over!
SCSD#1 students in kindergarten through 12th grade, submit your poems, non-fiction, or fiction works by February, 3, 2017!
1st - 3rd place winners will be recognized with a celebration on March 9, 2017. 1st place submissions from on March 9th will be entered into the county level competition. Participants at the county level will be recognized on March 29, 2017.
Submit entries to Tammy Macy in the SCSD#1 Central Administration Building.
View the documents linked below for entry forms, rubrics and other information.
Questions? Contact Tammy Macy 307-389-2415 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Author Forms
- Maximum of 4,000 words for fiction and non-fiction books
- Fiction and non-fiction books over 3,000 words must be submitted with a word count
- Books of poetry may either be an epic poem or a collection of exactly five (5) poems with a table of contents
- The title of a book of poems should not contain the word poem
- The author's name should be absent from the book
- All books should be in book-style format no larger than 9" X 12"
- All books should have a front cover with a title and a back cover not part of the text
- A Young Author Entry Form must be included with the entry