Sweetwater #1 District Activities
Rock Springs Junior High
Students 1st and Athletes 2nd.
● RSJH supports RSHS’s multi-sport model.
● Provide coaches that are positive role models for our young student/athletes.
● RSJH Athletics is a privilege not a right.
- Football – all can participate
- Volleyball – cuts for A and B team but an alternate volleyball is offered in the spring for all who want to participate with no cuts
- Cross Country – all can participate
- Wrestling – all can participate
- Girls Basketball – all can participate only A and B teams play in games but C team players (get their own practice time) can develop and work their way toward B or A teams.
- Boys Basketball - all can participate only A and B teams play in games but C team players (get their own practice time) can develop and work their way toward B or A teams.
- Boys Swimming – all can participate
- Girls Swimming – all can participate
- Track – all can participate
- Math Counts – all can participate
- Student Council – determined by a process
- After-school clubs
- Student of the Month Movie Nights
- Kindness Committee
- Choir – must sign up for class
- Band – must sign up for class
- Guitar – must sign up for class
Rock Springs Junior High
The Role of Jaguar Parents
• All athletic events are learning experiences for our student-athletes.
• You are the role model, the behaviors you express are engrained into your children’s future.
• You are at the contest to support and cheer positively for your team, not to intimidate or ridicule the other team, coaches, its fans, or referees.
• Remember mistakes will be made by the contestants, it’s your job to praise the student/athlete for working hard and attempting to improve themselves in their sport and in the classroom.
• Refrain from taunting or derogatory remarks directed at anyone throughout the course of a contest.
• Learn the rules of the game so that you may understand and appreciate why certain situations take place.
• Respect the integrity and judgement of the officials. Understand that they are doing their best to promote the student-athlete and admire their willingness to perform in the eye of the public.
• Refrain from the use of any controlled substances (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.) before or during games and after the event on school property.
• Be a positive role model through your own actions and by censuring the actions of those around you when their behavior becomes unbecoming.
• Entering and remaining at a Rock Springs Junior High event is a privilege, not a right. If you cannot demonstrate the appropriate behaviors that promote good sportsmanship at all times, then you will be asked to leave. If you should refuse to leave then law enforcement will be contacted, which may result in your arrest for trespassing.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Behaviors
• Student-athletes participate in sports for their enjoyment, not for your entertainment.
• Do not have unrealistic expectations for the athletes. Understand that ridiculing an athlete for making a mistake is not acceptable behavior.
• Respect referees’ decisions and encourage all participants to do the same.
• Respect and show appreciation for coaches. Understand that they have given their time to provide these activities for your children.
• Encourage athletes and coaches to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting in hostility or violence.
• Show respect for opponents and realize there would not be a game without them.
• Do not use inappropriate language and harass athletes, coaches, officials or spectators.
• Always demonstrate good sportsmanship.
• Respect all of the facilities and equipment being used for the athletic events.
Agreement of Expectations
As the parent/guardian of a Jaguar student/athlete I acknowledge that I am the role model for my child. I will remember that RSJH athletics is a direct extension of the classroom and that these learning experiences are available to help my son/daughter become a stronger member of our community. I will show respect for all athletes, coaches, spectators, staff members, and referees involved in each event. I accept the responsibility for demonstrating these positive attributes at all times.
Interactions with Coaching Staff
• Please encourage your son/daughter to have open communication with their coaches.
• Never approach a member of the coaching staff immediately following a contest with a frustration or concern. Allow a minimum of 24 hours after the contest to schedule a meeting or communicate with the coach.
• After communicating with coach, if further communication is needed you may set up a meeting with the athletic director and the coach.
Farson-Eden School Links
Farson-Eden High School
Sportsmanship Warning Card
Rock Springs High School will provide students the opportunity for social, academic and athletic growth through multi-sport participation is an effort to prepare them for success in life.
Rock Springs High School: Healthy Lifestyle, Life Long Learner, Productive Global Citizen, College and Career Ready, Interpersonal Skills
Athletics/Activities Participation Survey: The WHSAA has been requested by the National Federation of State High School Associations to conduct an Athletics/Activities Participation Survey. This survey will enable the WHSAA to collect important data that will be sent to the National Federation to be contained in the annual National Federation Handbook. This information is also very helpful to the WHSAA Board and member schools as we make plans for the future.
Eastside Extended Day