Student Conduct on Busses (JFCC-R)
School District Number One provides bus transportation as approved by the Board of Education. Rules must be observed by students for the safety of everyone. If rules are not observed, bus privileges may be taken away. Students shall be instructed in the following rules of behavior:
1. Students being transported are under the authority of the bus driver. Students may be assigned seats by the driver and must remain in their assigned seats unless the driver makes a change.
2. The driver shall stop to load or unload passengers only at authorized bus stops.
3. Passengers shall remain seated while the bus is in motion, facing forward at all times.
4. Passengers shall converse in normal tones. Loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
5. There will be no smoking, tobacco products, drugs, alcohol, food, soft drinks, candy, or gum on the bus.
6. Passengers shall keep the bus clean. Any passenger damaging property in any way shall pay for the damages.
7. Passengers shall not open or close windows without permission of the driver.
8. Passengers shall not at any time extend their hands, arms, heads, or any part of the body through bus windows, nor throw things from the bus.
9. The emergency door shall only be opened in case of emergency.
10. Passengers shall be on time for the bus both morning and evening. Be at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
11. Passengers who refuse to obey the directions of the driver, or refuse to obey regulations, shall forfeit their privilege to ride the bus. Misbehavior on the bus will result in the follow actions:
o First Offense. A warning letter will be sent home with the student.
o Second Offense. The student will be suspended for up to five (5) days.
o Third Offense. The student will be suspended for ten (10) days.
o Fourth Offense. The student will be suspended for the remainder of the school year.
Severe infractions will be dealt with according to the seriousness of the infraction.
Students causing unwarranted disruption involving district transportation by making bomb threats will be subject to possible legal action, long-term bus suspension, and possible school suspension and/or expulsion.
Normal bus students need to present a note or contact the office if they are not riding the bus.
If your child is suspended from the bus, you have a right to a hearing before the Transportation Committee.